Technical knowledge is very important when hiring and managing staff at a dental office. While this is critical, it isn’t the only thing to consider. Your employees must also be able to work well together. Personalities can vary greatly and can influence things like morale, communication, and teamwork in your practice. How your team works together directly affects how patients perceive their experience during their dental visits.
What is DiSC?
The DiSC assessment is a behavior tool that’s based on the theory of psychologist William Moulton Marston. It outlines four main personality traits including Dominance (D), Influence (I), Steadiness (S), and Conscientiousness (C). It has been developed for use by companies and organizations to help understand the differences between employees.
A DiSC program includes a set of questions that generate a detailed personality report. This information usually includes tips and suggestions for working with others who have differing styles.
Why Do I Need DiSC Profiles for My Practice?
Working as a team is essential for your dental practice to be successful. DiSC workplace training can help build positive relationships among staff. DiSC profiles can:
- Increase self-knowledge to understand how you are motivated, respond to conflict, problem solve, and handle stress.
- Improve the way your team communicates through understanding and better relationships.
- Facilitate cooperation and collaboration that can lead to better outcomes.
- Strengthen sales skills to help keep patients coming back and utilizing your services.
- Improve overall management by understanding priorities and dispositions of your team.
Our DiSC workplace training can help you gain insight that can lead to higher profits and better service for your patients. Contact Strategic Practice Solutions today to schedule your training session.