The practice has a commitment to the team to:
- Provide constant support and guidance
- Assess/monitor the results of front desk efforts
- Not overtask the front desk; for overloading them would take their energies away from duties that help grow the practice
- Provide your team with the practice’s policy/procedures
- Provide annual training to increase skill sets in customer service, closing on treatment, recall…etc.
There are a number of services and consultants that can help you train your front desk team and sharpen their performance. Using the right words, listening and managing the software are all teachable skills, and will pay high dividends. But it all starts with the right person in the position.