We understand that each owner of a dental practice, or any business owner for that matter, believes they hold all the puzzle pieces for future success in their hands. But in order to grow or improve, we need our team to help us see how we can fit the puzzle pieces together and what the end picture will look like. The puzzle will never be complete without the vision, input and support of your team. Strategic Practice Solutions is offering a few simple steps to help you set the vision with your team and plan together for a successful 2018.
- Step 1– Identify with your team what makes your office outstanding, special and unique. Talk about what brings patients to your office. What make patients stay? Discuss each of these highlights and in what ways you can grow on these strengths.
- Step 2– Have the team break into pairs and have them answer for their partner the following questions:
- How does your partner contribute to the success of this office?
- What attributes does your partner have that support this role?
- How do you see your partner expanding on these roles to help support continued growth of the office?
- Step 3- Come back together as a group and discuss how each team member can contribute to the growth areas defined in Step 1. It is integral for the Doctor/ Office Manager to share their business plan for 2018 and how the team vision will be supported in this plan.
- Step 4– You are going to need tools to help you build this plan. Tools can be technology, equipment, marketing, training, additional staff member and even aesthetic improvements. Discuss what tools are going to be needed and make a list. Understand these tools may have an investment involved. Consider what tools are needed and let your team know there will need to be a budget to provide the tools needed.
- Step 5- You and your team will have homework to complete. Provide them a worksheet that asks these questions: What do you see are three areas of change needed in our office? For each change needed, give a suggestion on how you see this change happening.
Goal Follow Through
- You must prioritize your goals
- Assign a target date for completion of each goal
- Appoint a leader to execute various tasks of the project
- A manager must have status updates for the project offering assistance in meeting target dates
We see it best to have this last step to be completed privately after the meeting. We want the team to be honest and have time to consider not only problem areas but also suggestions to solve these issues.
Share Your Picture with the World!
Now that your vision is on paper, you must communicate it to everyone at the office, and everyone must understand it and share it. When everyone’s energy is going in the same direction, their combined oomph will kick-in and create an amazing force!
Strategic Practice Solutions can work with your team at your office to facilitate a vision setting/teambuilding day. Contact us to schedule an appointment and speak with one of our team members and visit our website to learn more on how we can support you.
#StrategicPracticeSolutions #DentalConsulting #TeamBuilding #GrowYourPractice