Employee engagement is an important business objective and metric that provides a lot of advantages for companies. In the case of dental practices and clinics, great dental team engagement can boost productivity and improve work culture. What can you do to enhance this aspect of your practice?
At Dental Academy, we have shared some insightful facts and tips to help you improve dental team engagement and keep your staff satisfied.
Keep reading to learn more…
What Is Team Engagement?
Team engagement refers to the strength of your staffs’ connection to each other, the practice, and the work they perform, whether mentally or emotionally. This level of enthusiasm and dedication affects how they do their roles, so it’s vital to have good levels of staff engagement.
In your dental practice, dental team engagement can make the difference between a well-oiled machine and a stagnant practice that achieves the bare minimum, if not less. Your operations, customer satisfaction, and overall growth will be influenced in one way or another. That’s why it’s important to understand your current staff engagement metrics and find ways to keep your dental team engaged.
RELATED ARTICLE: The Benefits of Ongoing Professional Development for Dental Office Leaders
Insightful Statistics to Remember
To show just how important dental team engagement is, we’ve shared some statistics to take note of:
- An increase in employee engagement can result in up to 22% higher profits annually, according to Haiilo.
- There’s a high mistrust from employees, with one in every three workers not actually completely trusting their employers, according to Inc. Magazine.
- Higher employee engagement boosts staff attendance, with up to a 41% decrease in absenteeism.
Ways and Tools to Improve Dental Team Engagement
If you want to increase your dental team engagement levels, there are many strategies to follow and tools at your disposal. Here are some of what you can do to ensure that team members are engaged.
- Create a common purpose: Through your clinic’s values and objectives, you can create a shared goal that all employees can strive to achieve. This common purpose helps foster a sense of teamwork and collaboration.
- Recognize good performance: Giving out incentives or rewards for outstanding work can inspire other employees to reach the same level.
- Ensure a safe work environment: You need to create a workplace where employees are safe from threats, whether it’s physical, mental, or emotional in nature.
- Use employee engagement software: These tools can provide hard data about each dental staff’s progress and make them feel visible in the company.
- Provide means for improvement and development: For dental staff who want to increase their skills, you can provide training opportunities through Dental Academy.
RELATED ARTICLE: 5 Tips for Effective Dental Office Management
Let Strategic Practice Solutions Help You Improve Dental Team Engagement
To help you reach your target metrics for dental team engagement, Strategic Practice Solutions can help. We’re the premier provider of dental team training, with various programs designed by dentists for dentists. Through our classes, we can help you find and train staff with the right skills and outlook that boosts your team’s engagement.
Contact us today for more details.