State Approved Dental X-Ray Certification for the Dental Assistant
Exclusively by Jo Ann Buchheister, CDA, RDA, BS, Owner of Macomb Dental Education Center
This two-day dental x-ray certification course, in cooperation with the Macomb Dental Education Center, has been designed to be substantially equivalent to the Michigan Board of Dentistry requirement for dental assistant training.
A Radiographic Certificate is required by the Michigan State Board of Dentistry Rules and Regulations. A certificate is required in order for a Dental Assistant to expose radiographs. A growing number of offices we work with require candidates to have current certification. Don’t miss out on possible work because of lack of certification!
- Radiation Physics and Biology
- Radiation Health, Safety and Protection
- Film Exposure
- Processing Factors
- Intraoral and Extraoral Techniques
- Film Mounting
- Clinical Evaluation
- Didactic Exam
Dental X-Ray Certification Program Highlights
Participants will learn:
- To identify the components of x-ray film exposure and processing
- The physical characteristics of x-radiation production and how to control the effects on radiographs.
- Radiation health and safety
- Infection control techniques
- Individual hands-on instruction is provided, and certificates will be awarded upon the successful completion of the program
Instructor: Jo Ann Buchheister, CDA, RDA, BS is a past member of the Michigan State Board of Dentistry and is the Dental Assisting Program Director at Wayne County Community College District. She has over 40 years of experience as a dental assistant, office manager and educator.
Seats are limited and fill quickly.
Attendees of this course must be currently employed in the dental field with direct patient care.
Attendees of this course must have a working knowledge of dental anatomy and terminology.
Refund Policy: A full refund will be issued if you cancel at least ten (10) days prior to the program. If you cancel less than 10 days prior to the program, no refund will be issued.